The Opposite of Normal

Strange thoughts from the inner workings of my mind, fortified with 200% of the USDA recommended daily value of snark.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Celebrity Outings

George Takei, who is most known for his role as Sulu in the original Star Trek, has come out of the closet. I guess we'll have to start calling him George Tagay (joking!). Sulu is my favorite old school Star Trek character, and George ain't no spring chicken at 68 years of age.

Also, Sheryl Swoops, one of the premier players in the WNBA has recently come out as a lesbian. It's interesting that two fairly high profile people have come out within a couple of days of each other. I think it's great -- there's no reason people should have to pretend to be something they aren't. I am hoping that it encourages others to come out as well, and leads to greater societal recognition and acceptance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home