The Opposite of Normal

Strange thoughts from the inner workings of my mind, fortified with 200% of the USDA recommended daily value of snark.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NBA Today

The NBA regular season starts today, and I am way excited. The Kings play tonight against the pathetic New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets (I think they won something like 21 games last year), so it should be a nice start to the season.

Of course, along with NBA season comes fantasy basketball. I've joined 3 leagues this year, two rotisserie and one head-to-head, all competitive. Sadly enough, out of 12 teams, my draft spots were: 8th, 10th, and 8th. In other words, I was in the bottom third of the drafting order for all 3 teams, which has only a 1 in 27 chance of happening! Go me!

I note that I have a lot of the same players on my three fantasy teams, undoubtedly due to ending up in similar spots in the drafting order, which is too bad.
For example:
Luke Ridnour: All 3 teams
Brad Miller: All 3 teams
5 other players on 2 teams.

If Luke or Brad goes down with an injury, all my teams are going to suffer. :) But it's going to be a fun fantasy year regardless. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home