The Opposite of Normal

Strange thoughts from the inner workings of my mind, fortified with 200% of the USDA recommended daily value of snark.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Rest of Last Week

Most of the weekdays of last week was spent either studying or watching Kings games.

The Kings had a 3 game winning steak going, before they lost a game they should have won in Orlando, and then lost again to Miami (which was expected). They play the 76ers tonight, and the line has the Kings losing by 5. Not good. Peja says he wants to stay in Sac for the rest of his career -- I've always been a Peja fan, but this year he has looked horrible and he hasn't been playing with any heart. He says he's had multiple injuries, including a back injury, which have been slowing him down. It'll be interesting to see if he gets traded, or whether he accepts less than max money to stay with the Kings. Brad Miller says after his contract with the Kings expires in 2010 that he wants to go back to Indiana to finish his career with the Pacers, even if he has to take the minimum amount to do so.

Worst name for a food product EVER:



I mean, seriously. WTF?

Saturday was game day with Jer, Matt, Matt's lil'sis Taylor, and Tracy's work friend Leslie. We played a game of Puerto Rico -- everybody was sure that Leslie was going to win even though she was a newbie, but it turns out that because it was such a shipping-poor game, Leslie (who had tons of money) ended up with almost no victory points. Matt had a horrible game, sitting just downstream of me, because I ended up playing the same strategy as him (by necessity, not out of spite). We also played Cities and Knights, which was a bizarre game as well. There were a ton of 2's, 3's, 9's, and 10's at the beginning of the game. Half the players lost their first city, which rarely happens. There were a ton of blue progress cards being delt to players too, so there was a lot of military action going on, which is also rare for us. Of course, I ended up drawing the intrigue card twice (it's the most useless card in the deck). I am going to make it a house rule that we don't play with that card, because in all the games I've ever played, I've never seen a use for that card even once because it's so situational.

Jer and I played Tetris Attack (Pokemon version) late into the night, and he beat me again -- he's a better player than I am, but not by much. I love that game. I wish they're release the Gamecube version -- sadly enough, they already have it finished (it was released in Japan), but Nintendo won't release it because they don't think it'll sell well here in the states. Bah on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home