The Opposite of Normal

Strange thoughts from the inner workings of my mind, fortified with 200% of the USDA recommended daily value of snark.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Personal: Thou Shalt Not Work

Last Thursday, I was thinking about taking Friday off. I emailed my boss (who works out of our San Diego office) and asked him if it was okay. Unfortunately, he was at a conference and never responded. So I was a little hesitant not to show up without it actually being explicitly sanctioned. I had also just finished a new feature and figured they might want me around to debug it if they found anything wrong (and given how complex the feature was, odds are _something_ will be wacky).

So I decided I was going to go to work on Friday after all, though I wasn't happy about it. Got up early, did my morning routine, hopped in my car, got onto the road and notice my car was pulling pretty hard and the ride was really bumpy. What was going on? Pulled over to the side of the road, examined my tires, and sure enough, I had a flat. Not sure how it happened, but it ended up with my car in the tire shop, getting 4 new tires and an alignment (read: expensive), and me not going into work after all.

I guess if it had to happen, it picked a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home